Meet Manny at Taco Wars on Friday, June 1 and hear his talk about Tequila Cazadores history, production process and the difference between Highlands vs Low lands tequilas. Tasting included.
Manny Hinojosa is a national award winning mixologist who creates his own syrups, juices and garnishes, and pours as if each drop were liquid gold. When Manny pours a drink, you can feel the passion. Manny grew up and was educated in Mexico City, and is fluent in both English and Spanish. He is extremely charismatic and enthusiastic about his craft and about Mexico’s national pride, tequila. Manny is an amazing addition to the brand team because his spirit for tequila coupled with his magical mixology ability makes him the ideal Tequila CAZADORES and CORZO Tequila Brand Ambassador.
Competitions & Awards
- 1st Place, Shake It Up, International Bar and Night Club Convention, Las Vegas, Nevada.
Best cocktail. February 2008
- Winner of Damrack Gin Competition, Best Martini. October 2007
- 1st place, Campari competition, with best original drink. September 2007
- Participated in the Bombay Sapphire Perfect Pairings competition, San Francisco, CA. September 2006
- 1st Place winner CORZO Tequila bartender competition, cocktail was the Ruby Sky, San Francisco. November 2004
- Best Martini, People’s Choice awards, Bartender Competition at Lafayette Park Hotel. July 2004
- 1st Place and People’s Choice awards, Bartender Competition, Prima Restaurant, Walnut Creek. June 2003
- 1st Place and Best Style awards,Paragon Bar at the Clairmont Hotel, Berkeley. October 2003
- 1st place, Best Bartender Competition, Paragon Bar, Clairmont Hotel, Berkeley. June 2002
Consultant Experience & Media Coverage
- Consultant to Guy Fieri, host of Food Network’s Guy’s Big Bite. Manny’s cocktails are featured on Guy’s TV episodes and web site.
- Featured on Latin Eyes, national TV show. June 2008
- Judge at the Bar and Night Club Convention in Mexico City. June 2008
- Featured as “America’s Greatest Bartender” in Diablo Magazine. June 2008
- Featured on Eye on the Bay, TV show, making “The Latini” CORZO Reposado cocktail. May 2008
- Presented Martini workshop at Culinary Academy in Mexico City. September 2002
- Patterson’s Beverage Journal featured Manny’s Saffron Martini, April 2007
- Voted Best Bartender, Diablo Magazine, July 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007
- Voted Best Martini, Diablo Magazine, July 2004
- Wine Enthusiast Magazine featured Manny’s specialty cocktail recipe. May 2002